Wow@!

Let the sunshine in.......  very very well said Dave.

This can be a turning point!  I have my fingers crossed!

Dave Farber said:

>It is time to raise the issue yet again of the distressing fact that the
>Board meetings of ICANN are closed. Many moons ago several of us strongly
>suggested that it would be appropriate for the ICANN Board to operate
>under the same set of rules that US Federal Advisory Boards operate under
>as well as NotForProfit Boards like EFF and ISOC. Namely all meetings are
>open to the public to attend and listen. Often observers do not have the
>right to talk except for a set aside period during the meeting when 5
>minute positions can be requested. The Board has the right to convene in
>Executive Session but in all cases the subjects that can be discussed at
>exec session are limited, sometimes by law and more often by good faith
>and the fear of law.
>
>I strongly suggest that this be the principle that ICANN adopt rapidly.
>Why am I bringing this up. I was told that the ICANN Board meeting in
>Singapore is closed and that there will be a open "meeting" the day
>before. That is not the same thing. Open meetings are a good way to gather
>opinions and an OPEN BOARD meeting is a necessary way to insure openness
>and the respect of the community WHICH THE ICANN BOARD MUST SERVE.  (caps
>intentional).
>
>If there is a reason why this is not appropriate for ICANN but is for the
>others , I think the ICANN Board owes it to the community to tell us now
>those reasons in detail.
>
>Dave

>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>Problems/suggestions regarding this list? Email [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The COOK Report on Internet            What Happened to the White Paper?
431 Greenway Ave, Ewing, NJ 08618 USA  ICANN a Sham. (updated 10/25/98) See
(609) 882-2572 (phone & fax)           http://www.cookreport.com/whorules.html
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                    Index to 6 years of COOK Report, how to
subscribe, exec summaries, special reports, gloss at http://www.cookreport.com