At 11:10 AM 3/29/99 , Kent Crispin wrote:
>Bill, you should know by now that Jay continuously and knowingly
>spreads disinformation about the MoU and about ICANN.
>
>For example, in his message "Power Politics and the New
>Internet Order" he wrote about the MoU as follows: "It would have
>established an authority control model of governance, and it claimed
>ownership over the entire name space."
>
>This is complete hogwash.
>
>David Maher, chair of the POC, wrote to Jay as follows:

Hi Kent,

Nice to see you up to your old tricks
again.  Did David send you my email,
or did you get it through your "black"
contacts at Lawrence Livermore ;-)

Anyway, David had questioned the last
line in the following paragraph:

"The gTLD-MoU was controversial because it would have
confiscated all generic Top Level Domains, not only from
startups like IO Design (who had been running the .web
registry for approximately one year), but also from Network
Solutions.  It would have established an authority control
model of governance, and it claimed ownership over the
entire name space."

The correction that I agreed with was
that the IAHC did not "claim" ownership
over the entire name space.  On the other
hand, I do believe that it *would* have
been a consequence of that failed and
faulty plan.

IMHO, that was a minor point, one that *I*
did not need to make (especially when you
consider that neither of you disputed the
first half of that paragraph).  As everyone
can see below, I encouraged David to make
it himself.  I guess he decided to throw
it to his hatchet man instead ;-)

BTW and IMHO, ICANN is making the same
flawed and fatal mistakes as the IAHC!

Jay.