FWIW, the messages that said more than "go fast" or "go slow" *did* get
through to the board, most especially Michael's speicifc comments on the
WIPO doc and its annexes.  We have a printout that I will distribute to the
board today. Also, we noted the balance of comments in favor of the
individual constituency, in contrast to the ambivalence in the meeting room
- for obvious reasons which you-all pointed out.

Esther Dyson

At 11:16 PM 26/05/99 -0400, Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law wrote:
>It would have seemed cooler if I'd had any sense it  was getting through
>to the board.
>
>PS - does anyone know who belonged to the voice that made the
>anti-academic remark? Was it Roberts or a Board member?
>--
>A. Michael Froomkin   |    Professor of Law    |   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>U. Miami School of Law, P.O. Box 248087, Coral Gables, FL 33124 USA
>+1 (305) 284-4285  |  +1 (305) 284-6506 (fax)  |  http://www.law.tm
>                    -->   It's hot here.   <--

Esther Dyson                    Always make new mistakes!
chairman, EDventure Holdings
interim chairman, Internet Corp. for Assigned Names & Numbers
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
1 (212) 924-8800
1 (212) 924-0240 fax
104 Fifth Avenue (between 15th and 16th Streets; 20th floor)
New York, NY 10011 USA
http://www.edventure.com                    http://www.icann.org

High-Tech Forum in Europe:  24 to 26 October 1999, Budapest
PC Forum: March 12 to 15, 2000, Scottsdale (Phoenix), Arizona
Book:  "Release 2.0: A design for living in the digital age"