On Wed, Jun 16, 1999 at 04:39:46PM -0500, John B. Reynolds wrote:

> Onno Hovers wrote:
> > Like throwing Kent Crispin and Dave Crocker from the IDNO mailinglist
> > when all the other mailinglists put up with the likes of Jeff Williams,
> > Bob Allisat and Jim Fleming.
> >

> Kent is still on their mailing list, and I presume that Dave is as well
> (apparently, so is JW - I've seen people reply to him).

Indeed, I think I am still on the list.  But I have no idea how long
that will last.

> They have discussed
> throwing them out, but haven't actually done it.  I bailed out when its
> organizer unilaterally removed Kevin Connolly from the membership rolls for
> criticising the organization.

As I have said, I am not sure I believe that an IDNO needs to exist,
but if one *is* to exist, it really needs a different political
framework, and it needs to start fresh.  I was frankly flabbergasted
when Joop called for my expulsion from the list after I had submitted
only a very few messages.  But the actual removal of Kevin Connolly
is an act beyond comprehension -- multiple bullet holes in each foot..

In the interests of starting fresh, I would like to propose a
different approach to this: instead of trying to create an Individual
Domain Name Owners Constituency, why not try to convince ICANN to
give the General Assembly 3 seats on the Names Council? This would
still require establishment of a voting system and some structure to
the GA, but it would be handled within the DNSO itself.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                           lonesome." -- Mark Twain