Diane Cabell wrote:

> It may be that membership dues will have to be charged after all (whether the
> election is electronic or postal) and, if so, I expect that some accomodation
> will be made for those economies that cannot easily afford such a luxury, but it
> is very unfortunate to have to take a step that is such a hardship for one
> particular part of the electorate.

To whom are you referring here, Diane? Certainly not to the persons
from the so-called Third World who have so far been involved in this
process. They are all from an upper-middle-class elite that speaks
English and has university degrees. No one who isn't from that elite
has ever yet gotten into a position in the Internet to even know
that this process exists. Are you saying that these university or
business systems administrators can't afford ten dollars for dues?