On Sat, Jul 17, 1999 at 12:07:29PM -0700, Kent Crispin wrote:
> [...]
> > >OK.  Good.  I will be kent00001@hotmail -- kent99999@hotmail, all
> > >generated by software, all having different passwords, all voting my
> > >way.
> > >
> > >Password protection is amazingly naive.
> >
> > You haven't done your homework. Memebers are assigned a password by the
> > system, not the other way around. You can set up as many e-mail address as
> > you want, but you'd only have one that was issued a password.
>
> Andy, thanks for making my point...

On a second reading, I realize this is simply too cryptic.

Joop's statement about passwords was naive, because a fraudulent
voter *with* a password is no better than a fraudulent voter
*without* a password.  The primary problem remains, as Diane pointed
out, authenticating the voters in the first place.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                           lonesome." -- Mark Twain