Wednesday, July 28, 1999, 10:39:30 PM, Paul A Vixie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> are you folks sick of me yet?  if so, you'll need to stop cc'ing me.

> like i said earlier, there's an ethical rudder consideration, and a
> moderate intelligence consideration, before i take on a client.

>> > How much for an entry in the root server he runs, which provides
>> > services for millions of internet users?  :)

> my agreement with iana is to publish data, not edit it.  and by asking
> that question, you failed both the ethical rudder and intelligence tests.

Ahh, so you admit it's not something you do for money, as you claimed
earlier.  This was the point I and others are trying to drive home
here. You provide a service to the entire internet community through
your providing access to the f.root-servers.net

The point was made that all the internet's users are, in effect, your
clients.  This points seems to carry it a bit too far, but it is not
that far off the mark when you consider it.  My question merely
illustrated that.

And Paul, I won't touch your ethics.  That discussion doesn't belong
here.

--
William X. Walsh
General Manager, DSo Internet Services

The Law is not your mommy or daddy to go crying
to every time you have something to whimper about.