At 11:07 AM 8/5/99 -0400, you wrote:
>At 09:24 AM 8/5/99 , Nick Patience wrote:
>>Thank you - and none taken that way Jay, I assure you. I see your point,
>>but don't necessarily agree. OK, editors etc are the conduits through which
>>the ICANN story must flow, and cortrect me if I'm wrong, you're saying
>>they're not letting the story get out because they're part of a conspiracy
>>to suppress the truth, whatever that may be in this case? Is that your
>>point, or have I over simplified it?
>

>Hi Nick,
>
>Rather than fumble for explanations,
>I'd rather just continue to describe
>the symptoms -- the media is *not*
>telling the World what's going on
>with ICANN.
>
>So far, we have had several "explanations".
>  -  Too confusing
>  -  Timing
>However, these seem more like excuses.
>
>You're in the business Nick, perhaps
>you can enlighten us?

Not more than that. I certainly haven't been coerced one way or another. I
just don't have much time to write anything at the moment, due to other
business, regretfully.

>Why hasn't Mikki's testimony, part
>of the Congressional record, given
>under oath and penalty of perjury,
>not been covered in even *ONE*
>press report???

I mentioned it, albeit briefly, as I concentrated on the first panel:

July 23, 1999
ICANN, NSI & Others Put Their Case to Congress

By Nick Patience

[snip]
On the later panels, which had less time than the main group, Mikki Barry
of Domain Name Rights Coalition put the case for individuals to have
representation within ICANN, which is not yet the case and surprisingly got
some support for this position from Harris Miller, president of the
Information Technology Association of America.
[snip]

>Respectfully,
>
>Jay Fenello
>President, Iperdome, Inc.    404-943-0524
>What's your .per(sm)?   http://www.iperdome.com
>

>P.S.  I've changed the order of my cc:'s
>so that this posting will be part of the
>permanent record at ICANN.  Frankly, it is
>embarrassing that the establishment of one
>of the most important organizations in our
>collective history is fraught with charges
>of corruption, and a blatant media black-
>out.  It will be interesting to see how
>historians cover this turbulent period.

Nick Patience
Internet Editor, ComputerWire Inc