Ken Freed wrote:

> Greg: Minimizing those with a social conscience as a
> "fringe"is a rhetorical trick hiding the depth and reach of
> human aspirations for self rule and direct democracy.

I wasn't trying to disrespect anybody's work.  I used "fringe"
to contrast with "mainstream." I'll use "activist" if you like.

> I repeat, ICANN disenfranchises billions, and if we were
> willing to do the work of educating the masses to make
> informed choices for themselves, ICANN would vanish.

OK, why do you suppose people like Tamar Frankel don't seem to
share your views?  If you can't convince someone like her that
ICANN needs to be stopped, how do you propose that the masses
could be convinced?  Also, when ICANN gets popular support by
very public, visible figures like Vint Cerf, and people like
Dave Farber tell us that ICANN is better than the alternatives
(but doesn't say what the alternatives are), what can be said
to counter these statements sufficiently that a large enough
group of people will join forces to stop ICANN?

--gregbo