On 2012-03-21 21:22, Adam Thompson wrote:
Based on that very high-level summary:
-assuming the /28 isn't a true routed /28,

I would have to ask my ISP to get the answer?

What is a true routed subnet? It means that every IP address in the subnet is availabie in a switch in which you connect your ISP's network cable or is it that you must use a firewall or router of your own to address those IPs?

-set pfSense's WAN IP to the first IP in the range (or reserve the first three
if using CARP for HA)

I already planned/reserved 3 IPs in all of my subnets, and with the ISP.

-set all remaining IPs as CARP-type aliases, and implement inbound NAT a
necessary (maybe including 1:1 for the FTP server)

Ok, but are there drawbacks compared to an alias VIP?

Thanks,

Ugo