On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 7:56 AM, k_o_l <k_...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Don't you have a way to track which release is being used the most and
> tailor support accordingly

We don't have any means of knowing. Besides, that ultimately wouldn't
impact anything. I have little doubt there are tens of thousands of
systems out there running 1.2.3 today, and probably still will be
nearly that many in another year or two or three as a lot of boxes
never get touched after being installed, but we're not supporting it
anymore. PHP 4 is dead, FreeBSD 7.2 is dead, upgrading either of those
would require massive changes, and 2.0.x is proven solid and fixes
several hundred 1.2.x bugs that were too significant to back port.
There are probably a few thousand systems running even earlier
releases than that, we even run into 1.0 and earlier boxes a handful
of times a year.