Hi all,

I have two pfSense 2.0.2 firewalls using CARP for active / passive
fail-over with virtual IPs. This is working fine; Pinging the WAN or
LAN shared IP and pulling the power plug on the master causes a short
delay, then the ping's resume as the backup firewall has promoted its
self to master.

I have two problems here, firstly:
If I am connect to a LAN host from outside using SSH for example, and
I pull out the master, my SSH sessions stops working. Do the boxes not
sync NAT tables and states etc? I loose any active TCP connections.

Secondly:
When the master boots up for example when I am just pulling the power
from it, it takes over control of the virtual IPs again and causes a
second little outage. Is there a "no preempt" style option available
to stop this, otherwise any outage on the master device will actually
result in two outages: One when it goes down, and one when it goes up.
(Also, given my first query, all my TCP connections will stop working
again!).

Many thanks,
James.