On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 7:23 AM, Vick Khera <vi...@khera.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 3:58 PM, James Bensley <jwbens...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> If I am connect to a LAN host from outside using SSH for example, and
>> I pull out the master, my SSH sessions stops working. Do the boxes not
>> sync NAT tables and states etc? I loose any active TCP connections.
>

> I had this problem until I switched from using the multicast sync to
> dedicated point-to-point sync by specifying the sync address explicitly on
> the master.

That can be an issue depending on the switch or your firewall rules.

Most commonly the OP's described scenario happens when people don't
enable state sync on the primary and/or secondary, has to be enabled
on both.

> You can confirm the states are syncing by comparing the number of states
> reported on the dashboard on each system. They should be similar. I do
> experience an occasional disconnection, on a failover but most connections
> survive just fine.

That's the easiest check, the state count should be very close to the
same between the systems. You'll lose a small fraction of states on
failover.