On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 4:53 AM, eyobe kebede <e...@dbu.edu.et> wrote:

> hi here I have got some information in our router configuration. the ip
> address is 10.134.192.154 and the subnet mask is 255.255.255.252. how could
> I configure this to include 197.156.75.54 as public IP

The network defined by that IP and netmask does not include 10.130.42.65 so
how exactly do they expect you to use that as your gateway?

Anyhow, assuming that all gets sorted out, it sounds like they are routing
your 197 address to you, which seems rather peculiar to do that for a
single IP.

I'm still confused as to how this network is supposed to work.