Hi,

My questions:

Has anyone successfully updated a PFSense on an Alix board with 10 or
more interfaces (2 phy, 8 VLANs, 1 WAN).
Or is running a PFSense 2.1 setup like this successfully?

Reason:

I just upgrade my home firewall from PFSense 2.0.3 to 2.1 (Nano 2G
Serial) running on a Alix board. Or tried to do it.

The reboot after the update failed. I connected to the serial and
initiated another reboot only to see that during boot a message says
something like "/var is full". Another reboot later the rrd is
automatically cleaned up and the message disappeared, but the content of
the RRD files is gone as well. Because it is late (1 AM) I booted the
other slide (with 2.0.3) and restored the config backup from before the
update. Everything works fine now again.

My next try:
I will create a virtual machine, restore my 2.0.3 config, update this
virtual machine from 2.0.3 to 2.1 and restore it into the updated 2.1
version running on my Alix board. I hope the extended disc space is only
needed during upgrade. Or does anybody has a better idea?

Thanks for any help.

CU
Jens