On 2013-10-11 21:20, Walter Parker wrote:
Who would you trust more that ESF? Why,specifically, would you trust another group of people to be more trustworthy?

The point is not untrusting ESF or anybody else. The point is that ESF is based in the USA, a country where the current government can force you to do things against your community without having any chance to escape from it; they just force you to do so. So the point of the whole idea that we evaluate here is: How can we secure pfSense from this nasty government so that they can not just force ESF or anybody else to comply with them.

I admit to have a USA bias, but for the issue in question, I don't there being a much better choice. The UK has less freedoms in this matter.

As far as I am informed there are some more countries on the globe than the USA and the UK...

But then this is turning into a case of "I'm worried about things, here lets have you [The project] spend time and money to fix the problem?"

Unless, of course, you are willing to contribute time and money to fixing this issue. Otherwise this just an armchair general telling other people how to run the project.

Seems like a killer argument to me, which is kind of couterproductive in such an early stage of an idea/proposition, as this is.