On 27/7/14 7:06 pm, Matthias May wrote:
With intel cards on the same board you can get up to 650 Mbit/s, but i
expect it to be lower with additional rules.

Have you tried it with Intel cards (I assume you're talking mPCIe cards?) - and if so, what chassis did you use?

The ability to install Intel NICs on these boards would make them very compelling indeed - especially as there are more than a few scenarios where 3 NICs just aren't enough.

The strength of this board isn't, that it performs very fast, but that
it performs reasonably well without taking too much power.

I'd add "it's much faster than the ALIX boards it replaces, for virtually no increase in cost". That in itself is a pretty substantial benefit.

Kind regards,

Chris