On 23/7/14 2:10 am, Jim Thompson wrote:
Very little if this thread is related to pfSense.
Please stay on topic.

Respectfully, I disagree.

Given the APU is - as the de facto successor to the ALIX - likely to be a piece of hardware used in a lot of new pfSense installs, discussion about its merits and drawbacks (in a pfSense context) strikes me as being *entirely* on topic.

Certainly if heat dissipation is going to be a concern with this unit in long-term deployments, and given the 24/7/365 nature of firewalls, that's very relevant to pfSense and something for which we as a community need to be finding solutions.

Kind regards,

Chris