On July 27, 2014 3:20:20 PM GMT-03:00, Chris Bagnall
<pfse...@lists.minotaur.cc> wrote:
>On 27/7/14 7:06 pm, Matthias May wrote:
>> With intel cards on the same board you can get up to 650 Mbit/s, but
>> expect it to be lower with additional rules.
>
>Have you tried it with Intel cards (I assume you're talking mPCIe
>cards?) - and if so, what chassis did you use?
>
>The ability to install Intel NICs on these boards would make them very
>compelling indeed - especially as there are more than a few scenarios
>where 3 NICs just aren't enough.
>
>> The strength of this board isn't, that it performs very fast, but
>that
>> it performs reasonably well without taking too much power.
>
>I'd add "it's much faster than the ALIX boards it replaces, for
>virtually no increase in cost". That in itself is a pretty substantial
>benefit.
>
>Kind regards,
>
>Chris

Hail,

I have a soekris atom board, net6501, and despite the intel nics, chipset
throughput won't let them go as far as they would. So how much would I expect
from these apu from PCEngines? Running the latest pfsense and only routing.

Thanks,

--
"We will call you Cygnus,
the God of balance you shall be."