On 2016-08-20 04:02, Jim Thompson wrote:
On Aug 20, 2016, at 3:10 AM, Dave Warren <da...@hireahit.com> wrote:

On 2016-08-03 08:43, Steve Yates wrote:
I'm being serious but what is your rationale for not using pfSense's/NetGate's?

https://www.pfsense.org/products/

The "cheap" part (< $299)?  We tried a "build our own" approach and it's tough
to get a small package.  Any old PC will do just fine if one adds an SSD but as someone pointed out
that may use far more power in the long run.
For me, it's the fact that I want to rackmount my gear, but $1,799.00 is the
cheapest option offered on pfSense.org that can rackmount.
You seem to have added $1000 without justification:

https://store.pfsense.org/SG-4860-1U/

Perhaps someone should put that on the https://pfsense.org/ website?

I started at https://pfsense.org/, then clicked on Products, which took me to https://pfsense.org/products/ which only offers https://store.pfsense.org/XG-2758/ when I was looking for a new product a couple weeks ago. It didn't occur to me you would have multiple incomplete lists of products, so I ordered hardware elsewhere already. Shame, I'd rather have supported pfSense, but it's too late now.

--
Dave Warren
http://www.hireahit.com/