On Aug 21, 2016, at 2:56 AM, Dave Warren <da...@hireahit.com> wrote:

>>> For me, it's the fact that I want to rackmount my gear, but $1,799.00 is
>>> the cheapest option offered on pfSense.org that can rackmount.
>> You seem to have added $1000 without justification:
>>
>> https://store.pfsense.org/SG-4860-1U/
>
> Perhaps someone should put that on the https://pfsense.org/ website?

Not to sound like an apologist or a shill for the pfSense project, but in the
line just above the "Products" link that you presumably clicked on, right at
the very top of the page, is a link labelled "Store".  On the same line as the
"Store" link is a "Partner Locator" link that goes to a page with a list of
MSP, VAR, and Retail companies.  That might have been a good place to find
official pfSense hardware. :-)

> I started at https://pfsense.org/, then clicked on Products, which took me to
> https://pfsense.org/products/ which only offers
> https://store.pfsense.org/XG-2758/ when I was looking for a new product a
> couple weeks ago. It didn't occur to me you would have multiple incomplete
> lists of products, so I ordered hardware elsewhere already.

Even on that page it's incorrect to say it "only" offers the XG-2758.  That's
the only one they show in the main table on that page (which presumably is only
a "recommended selection" of what they offer, to avoid the table becoming
overcrowded).  If you click on the big red "PRODUCT FAMILY" link above that
then you get a listing that includes the SG-4860-1U.  Plus all of the "MORE
DETAILS" links in the main table take you to the pfSense Store, where,
presumably those curious would browse further (and see that they sell, e.g.,
high availability solutions).

> Shame, I'd rather have supported pfSense, but it's too late now.

If you'd been keen on supporting the pfSense project then you'd have done well
to read the "Official Product Comparison" section of the "Products" page you
mention above.  It talks about the benefits of supporting the project, but,
moreover, contains obvious links to "The pfSense Store" and "pfSense Partner".

I guess you were in a big hurry when you ordered and missed reading that? ;-)

Cheers,

Paul.