On Aug 21, 2016, at 4:03 PM, Bryan D. <pfse...@derman.com> wrote:

> On 2016-Aug-21, at 5:50 AM, Paul Mather <p...@gromit.dlib.vt.edu> wrote:
>
>> Even on that page it's incorrect to say it "only" offers the XG-2758.
>> That's the only one they show in the main table on that page ...
>
> There's likely good science behind the fact that nearly all e-stores will
> present (often overwhelming) detail, by default, along with various filters
> to narrow down the products of interest.
>
> I've also experienced the "you have to make an effort to find it" aspect of
> the pfSense store pages.  Not ideal.  Sales will be lost, as this incident
> demonstrates.
>
> Blaming a would-be customer for not seeing/finding something on a
> catalog/store/marketing page is probably not a good strategy as it won't help
> sales.

I'm not blaming any customer for anything, and, in case I wasn't overly clear
when I said, "Not to sound like an apologist or a shill for the pfSense
project", I don't work for nor am I in any way affiliated with the pfSense
Store except that I am a prior customer (who figured out how to use their Web
site).

I'll refrain from further comment on this topic as it appears to be veering
into the more heat than light category.

Cheers,

Paul.