On 2/21/2017 1:11 AM, Jim Thompson wrote:
It wasn't veiled at all, Ryan.  Nor am I attempting to "win anyone over".

This individual has always been cranky. He wanted us to add code to squidGuard to support
username+password downloads so he could sell users of pfSense his lists. We said,
"No".
No, you didnt say "no" you said no, and that it was because you intended to offer your own subscription service. Indicating that you have no intention of competing or allowin anybody to compete with you. Which is bullshit. I called you out on it, and you didnt like that did you.
If I though Mr. Nichols "offering" (blacklists) was of any value, I'd have sent
him $2800.00 for a lifetime subscription for everyone using pfSense over a year ago.

http://www.squidblacklist.org/commercial.html
No you wont, you wont be doing any direct business with us.

The only reasons I haven't:

- I can't see any value in what he has.
Thats like, your opinion bro.
- I don't do business with anyone who would post this as a response:

https://vid.me/MsYw (warning: nsfw)
If you dont like my responses, dont antagonize me.

All this individual is offering is a collection of other people's blacklists,
promoted on Twitter, leveraging (and likely infringing) Cisco's trademark.
Now thats a bunch of horse shit, our blacklists are not even close to what they other guys are offering, they are unique and they are our creations, your asserting a lot there buddy, and nobody is infringing on aything, if you want to open your mouth, do so with some facts, rather than simply making a bunch of bullshit up out of thin air because you can.
Curation can be valuable, if performed correctly.  The value of a content
curator is their ability to filter through the volumes of content and select
the best, the most original, the most valuable, pieces.

This individual isn't doing any of these.
You sir, are totally full of shit.

pfBlockerNG is a far better solution.
pfBlocker is a a great solution, and also, requires blacklists, what is your point here? Were not competing with a pfblocker, we make blacklists, pfblocker makes a plugin for pfsense. I fail to see a correlation for your remark.

Jim
(asshole)