Hi Robert,

I share your interest in Command and Embeddable and Multimedia versions of
REBOL. I think it would be good idea for REBOL/View to have access to
Command type functionality, either directly or via REBOL/Command.

What surprises me is that

1. REBOL/Command beta had been announced for mid November. That was two
months ago. REBOL/Command beta did not commence at the time.

2. There was no massive outburst of complaints, as November and December
went by.

3. There was no massive outburst of complaints when Carl announced that
there would be REBOL/View beta beginning in approx. mid Januar. That
announcement, I believe, was made some time in December or early Januar.
You couldn't have overlooked, since there were well over fifty (I didn't
count) responses, with people asking to participate in the beta.

4. Why do you wait til the time for REBOL/View beta has arrived and then
you start yelling at the top of your lungs that you want a REBOL/Command
beta instead of REBOL/View?

You know Robert, you are playing one product against the other and my
experience with companies has been that the more customers tend to complain
and make demands, the more careful and bureaucratic the respective
companies become.

I'd rather see Carl occassionally be uncareful on this list and speak about
his future plans, and dreams, and intentions and visions and make
announcements, without having to consult with his business and product
development advisors, his attorneys and/or PR people, you know what I mean.

I think we all stand to gain if Carl feels that he can freely speak here,
make announcements, change his mind, and talk with us like his friends, not
like with a bunch of wining and complaining "I'm end user" "I'm customer"
type of people.

Judging from what I've seen of REBOL so far, IMHO Carl has accomplished the
most exciting development in computer languages for at least since the mid
eighties.

You know what, I think Carl deserves to enjoy his work.

Ok, I'm biased, I need REBOL/View for my work, I can't wait to start using
REBOL/View.

But besides that, I'd like Carl to know that he's not our butler (James,
where is REBOL/Command?), but that we appreciate the work he has invested
in the design and implementation of REBOL and if he thinks its a better
idea to put off REBOL/Command for a little time longer, and launch
REBOL/View instead, then we are here to back him, and we are here to share
the excitement of launching REBOL/View with him.

There was plenty of time to complain about REBOL/Command beta in points 1.
... 3.

Now's the time to sit back and enjoy REBOL/View.