Tim...

We've got our best guys working on it, things have
practically stopped around the company to focus on
solving this problem.

(BTW, Holger is a world reknown guru on networking.
He's got a better understanding of these details than
anyone I've ever met.)

Holger's test show that the network connection
is running (at least DNS).

So, we've established that bart is your host...
Please type:

   read dns://bart

Not www.bart.com.  If this does not work, type:

   read dns://bart.matnet.com

assuming matnet.com is your computer's domain name.

Then, just try a simple:

   read http://www.rebol.com

(Sorry if this is a repeat of earlier steps, have
not read the entire history, and need to confirm
that it actually is working right now.)

If that works, then add:

   system/user/email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

And try an anonymous FTP, something like:

   read ftp://www.rebol.com/test.txt

Which should return a short message.

Let me know if it works up to this point.  Reply
to Holger as well.  If it does not work, please
call Holger at our office number (707-467-8000).

Got to run.  I'll check with Holger when I return.

-Carl