Hello Holger:
        Your information seems very helpful: I am
not yet sure what to do with it though:
Here is my program output: (machine name is "bart")

read dns://
== "bart"

read dns://www.bart.com
== 194.158.170.46

read dns://194.158.170.46
== "www.bart.nl"

The last output doesn't appear right, but what should
I be doing?

I have Windows NT on this machine, the configuration allows
ws_ftp, command-line ftp and many desktop applications that
I have written using Borland/Fastnet work with ftp without
any problems.

What configuration changes should I make on
my machines?

Where is rebol's documentation on these matters?
Thank you very much ...
:>) Tim