No, Stevio was not referring to the :target *pseudo-class* (that's not a
property, it's a selector).  Stevio was referring to the 'target'
*property* in the CSS3 Hyperlink Presentation Module working draft [1],
and that proposed property is designed to serve a similar purpose to the
target attribute in HTML.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-hyperlinks/

I kept my mouth shut about the hover pseudo-class, because it was just
so convenient.  But opening a new window through CSS?  That's a bit
too much of a mix of presentation and behavior for my taste.  Seems
we're just moving from (Structure/Presentation) + Behavior, to
Structure + (Presentation/Behavior).