On 8/3/06, SunUp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > * refuse to support Macs and refer any compaints to the boss and the IT
> > department.
>
> Amen to that. There's no reason to be forced to support hardware it
> your department won't make allowances for testing on it. If they want
> you to support it, they need to make that possible.

They couldn't care less. I'M the one trying to do The Right Thing and
support what I can, but they don't understand and have no desire to
understand about browser support. They support IE, that's it, and
that's all they care about. I've had an enormous struggle getting our
department permission to use Firefox, and the rest of the staff here
(3000-odd people) don't have a choice because the Firefox site is
banned.

I feel badly that I can't do what I know I should be doing.
As of today, IE5/Mac users will get no styles at all when they view
our site. That's all I can do, and I guess it's better than it being
totally broken.

Yes, it's easy for me to talk, isn't it? Give me your bosses phone
number, I'll call up and straighten things out. ;)

I salute your commitment to Doing the Right Thing and, in short, I
think you're doing it.

--
Philip
http://NikitaTheSpider.com/