Title: Re: [WSG] CSS resources for Graphic designers?
I’ll have a look at tht. But there’s no way the university would pay to get something done outside when we already have the staff here!

It’s maybe a matter of ‘control’. The GDs are the ones who decide the graphic layout, colours, fonts, heading levels etc. And I don’t think they want to relinquish control over how a site is laid out, so I believe they want to create the styles for that. But of course they won’t see the big, container level picture, or why you should use this style/div and not that one, if you know what I mean.

I can do it – I have been doing it for a year or more. But they want/need to know more about CSS so that they can design sites that work well using CSS rather than heavily graphic-based sites ... For example, any navigation they create always consists of graphic rollover images, using non-standard fonts.  If we try and encourage them towards list-based CSS navigation, they need to see that even if they give up (in some cases) on specifying fonts, they can produce image-based backgrounds for rollovers.

I think it’s partly about developing a different style of graphic design for the web from the old table-based designs we used to use.

- susie