On Nov 16, 2006, at 7:48 PM, Barney Carroll wrote:

Today I found this fantastic utility [http://webkit.org/]. WebKit is a terribly vague name, but I suppose 'the WebKit nightly build' about sums it up. I fired it up and went to look at my bug in question and got so distracted by its fantastic inspection frames (metrics! woo!) that it took me a while to notice that the bug in question had disappeared.

WebKit is the rendering engine behind Safari. What you have downloaded is a nightly build of what will be Safari 3.0 in Spring 2007. And yes, Safari 3.0 will have a WebInspector, just as OmniWeb 5.5 already has one - not a surpirse, as it uses the same WebKit rendering engine. And it is very possible that a bug you see in Safari 1.3/2.0 doesn't exist anymore in those nightly WebKit builds. One would hope that some bugs get fixed, after all...

Philippe
---
Philippe Wittenbergh
<http://emps.l-c-n.com>