My understanding from the battery experts that the poly had the same
basic nasty chemistry of the Lithium Ion, and that was why they
developed the Lithium Iron. I think it was Steve Heckeroth (the EV car
conversion guru) who re-inforced that thinking, and of course was
pushing Lithium Iron. Of course he discounted NiMH which I didn't
like. There are some companies (like Nilar in Centennial, CO) that are
doing some neat things with NiMH.

Jeff