John, I think that would be a lot of fun to experiment with. Some of your
numbers are a bit off. For example, 100 whrs/mile is on the light side,
unless you are riding less than 40 mph most of the time, or have a light
setup. I'd figure more like 120 for 45 mph avg. riding.

And, as for the generator output, if it's going into your charger, than the
charger will be about 85% efficient. So, a 3500 watt generator running for
1/2 hour through your charger could put 1487.5 whrs back into the battery
pack, or add about 12.4 miles. Not bad.

It'd be nice if the generator only kicks on at 80% DOD, so it wouldn't be
used often, but than it can't replace charge fast enough to add much extra
range.

Here's an idea, I have for comparison. Couldn't you just buy a 125-250cc
maxi scooter which gets 70-80 mpg? You could somehow mount a swingarm PM
motor, and some batteries in saddle bags for a short electric range. After
the electricity is used up, than you will get 70-80 mpg for as fast and as
far as you like. The electric range could be used for those routine
home/work/grocerty store trips every day, and if you need to go further,
than just start the ICE.

Actually I'm considering doing a "conversion" on a car like this, while
keeping all of the stock ICE components. Anway, sorry this is kind of OT.

Regards,
Andrew in NM