From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Edward Ellyatt
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2008 6:59 PM
To: FLEAA Mailing List
Subject: Re: [FLEAA] Blind advocates lobby for noisier hybrid cars

Agreed..
----- Original Message -----
From: Shawn Waggoner (FLEAA)
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2008 11:14 AM

Hi Everyone,

I have heard this argument brought up a few times over the last year, and have
been hearing it made more and more over the last couple of months. It seems the
‘advocates’ are making great headway with the media and getting great
attention. While I agree that some hybrids and EV’s are hard to hear, I think
mandating that cars produce noise is not the right answer. What do you guys
think? I personally enjoy the silence of driving an EV around. The driver
should be responsible enough to observe his/her surroundings while driving.

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9874568-7.html?tag=nefd.pulse

Shawn