From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Paul Noone
Sent: Tuesday, 29 July 2008 3:17 PM
To: listserver@ozMOSS.com
Subject: [OzMOSS] Developing for MOSS/WSS with VS2008

Hi all,

I have yet another potentially embarrassing question.

I've recently installed VS2008 on my local XP machine as a precursor to getting
my hands dirty with some custom workflow activities and looking at what the
VSeWSS 1.2 tools can do. And, well, ahem...it appears that remote connection to
a MOSS server are not sufficient for the task.

Short of wiping my current box, installing Windows Server 2003, MOSS2007 and
WSS3, I'd prefer to explore other possible solutions.

What are other people doing for local dev? And if the resounding response is a
VM, would someone mind outlining the requirements for one?

And one more silly question (while I'm on a roll), can you wrap up SPD
developed workflows with the SSG and: a) redevelop them in VS, b) deploy them
to other sites and collections?

As ever, all replies are gratefully received.

Kind regards,

Paul Noone
Online Developer, ICT

This e-mail is intended for the use of the addressed recipient(s) only and may
contain confidential and privileged information. If you have received this
message in error, please delete the message and any attachments and copies
immediately; and notify the sender by return e-mail.

Any views expressed in this message or any attachments are those of the
individual sender and do not necessarily represent the corporate opinion of the
Catholic Education Office (CEO), Sydney.

The CEO Privacy Policy is located at http://www.ceo.syd.catholic.edu.au