From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Gavin Barron
Sent: Wednesday, 30 July 2008 3:03 PM
To: listserver@ozMOSS.com
Subject: RE: [OzMOSS] RE: Developing for MOSS/WSS with VS2008

So, Bill, you'd prefer nothing at all from MS??

There are some limitations and the wspbuilder and stsdev tools are good too. I
recommend that you try the various tools and find the way YOU like to work, I
know a couple of people who are using a combinations of these tools to support
their approaches.

Anyway to answer your questions Paul

> 1.    How do I get my 32-bit development work from the VM to the 64-bit
> staging environment (which I understand is supported)? Am I expected to
> create a solution package for every little modification and then copy it
> across to that box, open it for testing, then deploy via Stsadm, object
> model of Central Admin?

Yeah, although you can package many features into one solution package.

> 2.    Do I even need VS installed on the remote servers? I hardly see the
> point if workflow authoring is not supported.

Nope.

> 3.    Do I need to deploy my code and assemblies to every web front end
> manually or does this occur automatically when deploying a solution?

Just take the .wsp & setup .bat file.

Edit the setup.bat file to use -immediate in the deploysolution step followed
by an execadmsvcjobs too ;)

You should ensure that you supply the correct /weburl and /siteurl values for
your target environment.