From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of silky
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2008 4:29 PM
To: listserver@ozsilverlight.com
Subject: Re: [OzSilverlight] Silverlight 3.0 wishlist, now's your chance.

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 3:22 PM, Jose Fajardo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Wow Silky you sound like your angry at the world, did you have a bad weekend?
> :)

oh ffs, it is not that at all; why is it wrong to want compensation
for providing ideas? sounds like everyone here seriously undervalues
their own ideas. i personally don't.

>  Silky ! I have the deepest respect for the MS evangelists, despite what you
> may think they are on our
> side. True they want us to use MS products, but they also want us to use it
> on our terms! Hence
> requesting feedback on how we would want to use their product.
>
>  As for the Nick's request to get rid of Blend and roll it into VS2008..
> PLEASE GOD NO, we can't do
> that to designers!!! VS2008 just needs more tweaking!
>

>  ps. I freely contribute ideas because I want to see Silverlight move in a
> designer friendly direction. I don't
>  need monitization for that!

right and that's cool; but as i said, why doesn't ms then provide the
income they get from your ideas to a charity.

[the problem with this is, of course, that it's 'hard' to calculate
the actual revenue ideas generate; but i would be surprised if
companies don't already attempt this sort of tracking, and anyway, if
they are serious about caring they would try.].

all i know, is if i was a company i wouldn't solicit ideas in this
fashion; i would provide incentives. it seems like the appropriate
thing to do. and if you can't do that, then at _least_ be honest, and
don't hide behind 'help us help you'.

--
http://lets.coozi.com.au/

There's not a problem I can't fix, because I can do it in the mix.