Hi!
Two of us live on board and from July- September last year, we took showers
frequently and have used the head's sink nearly continuously from July to
present.
(After September, we took showers in the marina.....do not think we stopped
taking showers.........!!)
All this water goes to a 687 liter black water tank.
While searching for a fresh water leak, come upon my shower sump that the
head's sink and shower drain to.
Was with a friend who noticed that the water inside was bluish.
Admiral is away so he thought we should pop the cover and look.
The smell was NOT that BAD but the water was beyond words.

Used a wet dry vac to pull the water out, cleaned the screen that protected the
pump, flushed some clean water thru the sump and used a brush to break free the
big chunks, and closed it all back up...

So, what does this list say... How often should I do this?

Lee
Cesme

And, got the following off the 'net and thought I would ask if doing this
procedure below periodically might also be helpful...

Pour a 1/2 cup of baking soda down the drain followed by 1 cup of vinegar.
The vinegar will react with the baking soda causing it to fizz and dissolve the
hair.
Allow the chemicals to combine and react together for 20 minutes. During this
time, boil 6 cups of water.
Pour the boiling water down the drain to flush out the baking soda and vinegar,
as well as any residual hair.