> Agree with Maxim. I which way the application is not 32 bit compliant?

It uses 128-bit atomics, and so is really designed for execution on 64-bit
machines. It is possible to provide lockless 32-bit support in this case,
though, and I have an implementation that does so. Since the pointer size is
halved and there is a pointer in the 128-bit struct, I just have to squash a
few of the other fields down (managing them carefully) so that 64-bit atomics
can be used instead.

On reflection, I think that providing 32-bit support is probably worthwhile
here, so I will do so. It does add a little complexity to the code, but it's
not actually that much, and there are clear benefits from having the example
be better supported on different platforms.

I do think that having a place for 64-bit only examples in the future (e.g.
an "example_64" directory as Bill outlined) might be useful though. It isn't
always so easy to add 32-bit support.