> Actually if your mail server administrator is following MS security
> guidelines, SMTP will be *disabled* on your Exchange server.

Really? Completely disabled rather than just disabled in terms of being an open relay
(which is clearly very bad)?

> The easiest thing for you, the developer would be to get SMTP turned
> back on.  However, it would definitely be nice to see an
> IMAPAppender or
> for those out there that are really windows-oriented, a MAPIAppender.

MAPIAppender would make sense (although it would have to be native, of course) but
unless I'm much mistaken, IMAP doesn't allow posting of messages - it's reading (and
moving and creating messages within folders) only.

Jon