On Fri, 2002-02-22 at 14:58, Jon Skeet wrote:
    > Actually if your mail server administrator is following MS security
    > guidelines, SMTP will be *disabled* on your Exchange server.

    Really? Completely disabled rather than just disabled in terms of being an open
relay (which is clearly very bad)?

A friend of mine is an Exchange admin and this is what he told me.  In
fact I personally was a victim, er.. benefactor of this security policy.
Basically MS views anything that doesn't use their own protocol (MAPI)
as a "security vulnerability".

    > The easiest thing for you, the developer would be to get SMTP turned
    > back on.  However, it would definitely be nice to see an
    > IMAPAppender or
    > for those out there that are really windows-oriented, a MAPIAppender.

    MAPIAppender would make sense (although it would have to be native, of course) but
unless I'm much mistaken, IMAP doesn't allow posting of messages - it's reading (and
moving and creating messages within folders) only.

I may have spoke too soon. I do not know enough about IMAP, so I can't
say for sure whether it allows posting.

    Jon

Eric George
[EMAIL PROTECTED]