We're using the JDBCAppender by Thomas Fenner
(http://support.klopotek.de/log4j/jdbc/default.htm).  This will put your log
messages into a database.  It works great for us.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bellamy, Scot [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2002 2:08 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Using log4j with EJB

In our environment we are using J2EE, including EJB.  We would like to
employ Log4J as our logging utility for new projects.  This isn't a
problem with the exception of EJB.  We have identified a way to write
log messages utilizing JMS to send to a separate running process.
However, we haven't found a good way to utilize the Log4J configuration
files in EJB, since EJB code cannot utilize the java.io package.  Has
anyone discovered a way to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Scot.