I do not use Log4j specifically but if you had an LDAP server you could
store the XML in there. The XML can be quite long depending on the LDAP
server. You would read the string from LDAP and then convert the string to
an InputStream as follows:

      byte[] xmlStream = aString.getBytes();
      ByteArrayInputStream bais = new ByteArrayInputStream(xmlStream);

I know it is a Input stream but it is in memory so is not using IO to disk.

 (I have tried this but not inside an EJB only in command line).

"Bellamy, Scot" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 21/03/2002 06:07:55

Please respond to "Log4J Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>