"Bellamy, Scot" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 21/03/2002 06:07:55 wrote:

        [...] we haven't found a good way to utilize the Log4J configuration
        files in EJB, since EJB code cannot utilize the java.io package.  Has
        anyone discovered a way to accomplish this?

We wrote a Properties sub-class that used JNDI to access the java:comp/env/
context, and pass that to PropertyConfigurator.configure().

We also found we could initialise Log4j in an app server start-up function,
so EJBs wouldn't have to, and 'cos they shared the VM things worked. You app
server may vary.

Good luck.

regards

Adam