Could you post your config file for this instance?

Also, why are you trying to append stdout and stderr to a file?
You can just direct logging to an appender apart from stderr/stdout.

Luc

PRAVIN VAJIRKAR <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 08/14/2002 10:04:49 AM

Please respond to "Log4J Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>