Sure JBuilder5,
tomcat 4.1.27 log4j 1.2.8 struts 1.1
Jdk 1.3.0_02

Here is a list of the jar files in my WEB-INF/lib

ae.jar  (mine no log4j stuff in here I checked )
ae_ejb.jar (mine no log4j stuff in here I checked )
beandt.jar  (JBuilder log4j stuff in here)
commons-beanutils.jar (struts1.1\contrib\struts-el\lib)
commons-collections.jar (struts1.1\contrib\struts-el\lib)
commons-digester.jar (struts1.1\contrib\struts-el\lib)
commons-logging.jar (struts1.1\contrib\struts-el\lib)
dbswing.jar  (JBuilder no log4j stuff in here)
dx.jar   (JBuilder no log4j stuff in here)
j2ee.jar  (Sun 1.3.1)
jboss-client.jar  (Jboss 3.0.4)
jboss-common.jar  (Jboss 3.0.4)
jboss-j2ee.jar  (Jboss 3.0.4)
jbosssx-client.jar  (Jboss 3.0.4)
jnp-client.jar (Jboss 3.0.4)
jnpserver.jar (Jboss 3.0.4)
jstl.jar (struts1.1\contrib\struts-el\lib)
log4j-1.2.8.jar (struts1.1\contrib\struts-el\lib)
standard.jar (struts1.1\contrib\struts-el\lib)
struts.jar (struts1.1\contrib\struts-el\lib)
struts-el.jar   (struts1.1\contrib\struts-el\lib)
xerces.jar (1.4.4)

The WEB-INF/classes directory has only classes in the com namespace.

  Also I did a search for log4j in my jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27 directory
and the only log4j that shows up is the one in WEB-INF/lib.

When I run the thing from JBuilder the same jars are in my required
libraries.

The other weird thing that I should note is that the original stack trace
that I mentioned was returned as html to my browser.  In the tomcat
console nothing
is printed.

Thanks again,
Scott