No log4j.xml, and only the two log4j.properties:
- one in the /tomcat/shared/classes for tomcat inner logs
- one in the /tomcat/common/classes for tomcat applications logs

I make both of them after the error message...

Thanks:
        Bence

Jacob Kjome wrote:
Is there a log4j.xml anywhere on the classpath (in the default package, that
is)?  Look in directories and jars.  I would suggest changing to an XML config
file because Log4j looks for it first.  If it doesn't find log4j.xml, then it
looks for log4j.properties.  I've seen this happen so often to users that it is
the first thing I ask them.

Jake

Quoting James Stauffer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Try running with -Dlog4j.debug.  That should give you more info about
the problem.