You might be able to achieve that with an appender filter.

On 7/11/07, Hans Schwaebli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I want to send a email depending on the log text. I add the terminal ID to the
log text, which is the one of the user who caused the exception, which is
logged at error level. Depending on that ID (or a regular expression) I want to
send the email to certain recipients.

  Does this work with log4j configuration out of the box? What is the solution
for this?

James Stauffer        http://www.geocities.com/stauffer_james/