Look at the *Filter classes in
http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/api/org/apache/log4j/varia/package-summary.html
and then you can search on those class names.

On 7/15/07, David Lloyd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Well,

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=log4j-user+message+filtering

...lead me to this:

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.jakarta.log4j.user/12341

...at time of writing that's the second link.

"Route all the events to both file appenders, and specify a different
ExpressionFilter on each appender."

I looked up "Expression Filters log4j" and they appear to be Log4J 1.3
specific...

DSL

James Stauffer        http://www.geocities.com/stauffer_james/