From: Hans Schwaebli [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2007 12:30 PM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: Re: Recipients of email appender depending on log message,
possible?

Come on... You know what I mean. I didn't find any good manual or
tutorial freely available for log4j. And I searched for half an hour.
Excuse me if I then dare to ask here. So if anyone can tell me, I would
be glad.

James Stauffer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Did you search the
mailing list archives, wiki, and javadocs?

On 7/11/07, Hans Schwaebli  wrote:
> It seems this is a solution. But I couldn't find a site where using
log4j filters is described. Any idea?

> James Stauffer  wrote:
>   You might be able to achieve that with an appender filter.
>
> On 7/11/07, Hans Schwaebli wrote:
> > I want to send a email depending on the log text. I add the terminal
ID to the log text, which is the one of the user who caused the
exception, which is logged at error level. Depending on that ID (or a
regular expression) I want to send the email to certain recipients.