I appreciate the passion. I wish it can be put to constructive use for
log4j 2 :-)

You might find it of interest that there is a recent mail thread to discuss
having Log4j 2 process properties-based configurations, as we did in 1.2.
Maybe the 1.2 compatibility module is an area that would be of interest to
you.

WRT Java versions, Java 6 has been EOL for a while. Java 7 has some good
incremental changes. Java 8 has lambdas, finally.

Gary

--
E-Mail: garydgreg...@gmail.com | ggreg...@apache.org
<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>